The primary responsibility is to provide positive user experience by determining information structure for Web sites and Web applications; mentoring team members.
Senior Information Architect Job Duties:
- Enhances information architecture team accomplishments and competence by planning the delivery of solutions; answering technical and procedural questions for less experienced team members; teaching improved processes; mentoring team members.
- Identifies user requirements by researching and analyzing user needs, preferences, objectives, and working methods; studying how users consume content, including data categorization and labelling; meeting with focus groups.
- Plans information architecture by studying the site concept, strategy, and target audience; envisioning architectural scheme, information structure and features, functionality, and user-interface design; creating user scenarios; preparing data models; designing information structure, work-and dataflow, and navigation; evaluating information representation; conducting creative meetings.
- Organizes information by translating user behavior into media structure and elements; crafting interactive experiences; producing workflow diagrams, user scenarios, flowcharts, and storyboards; preparing interaction specifications, navigation rules, organization of information, and site maps; coordinating with business, technology, visual, structural, editorial, cognitive, and brand strategists.
- Implements information architecture by preparing paper and interactive prototypes and mockups including page layout and navigational elements; coordinating with Web Producer and Production Developer to integrate site concept, visual design, writing, interface, and navigational structure; documenting structure and processes.
- Validates information delivery by developing and completing usability test plans; evaluating traffic patterns; studying user feedback; coordinating with Usability Specialists.
- Updates job knowledge by tracking research regarding web design and usability; participating in educational opportunities; reading professional publications; maintaining personal networks; participating in professional organizations.
- Enhances organization reputation by accepting ownership for accomplishing new and different requests; exploring opportunities to add value to job accomplishments.
Senior Information Architect Skills and Qualifications:
Requirements Analysis, Planning, Database Management, Data Modeling, Presenting Technical Information, Problem Solving, Strategic Planning, Initiative, Self-Motivated, Data Maintenance, Verbal Communication